'Come and See' Weekend Experience

During this year’s ‘Come and See’ weekend, I most appreciated being able to talk and socialize with a number of young men from throughout the Diocese of Scranton who are taking seriously the call to Christian discipleship. In various ways, these men have been asking how they can respond in love to the call of the Lord to follow Him. The possibility of serving the Church of Scranton as a priest has entered into the hearts of these men. They came to this retreat weekend with a desire to continue to discern the will of God and to listen attentively to the stirrings of the Spirit.

This weekend helped affirm my own desire to continue to discern how it is that God is calling me to serve the Church and the world. I have been inspired by the example of these young men who seek to further explore their vocation. They remain open to the possibility of priestly ministry for the Church of Scranton. I hope that my own vocation story has helped to shed some light on those continuing to discern their own call to Christian discipleship. I also hope that my experience of priestly formation in the seminary has provided some insight to those on the retreat. In turn, the presence of these young men has helped me to realize that God continues to call other faithful Catholic men to explore priestly ministry. There are good men out there open to this calling and way of life. This reality brings me hope and consolation! 

_________________________________________________________________________________

Ryan P. Glenn, a seminarian for the Diocese of Scranton, is in Third Theology at St. Mary's Seminary in Roland Park (Baltimore).


There, Ryan enjoys reading and studying about the vision and mission of the Church in light of the Second Vatican Council. As part of his pastoral formation, Ryan serves as a 5th grade catechist and member of the R.C.I.A. team at St. Joseph Parish in nearby Cockeysville, MD.

He is from St. Jude Parish, Mountain Top.