Hand Sanitizer, Masks and Social Distancing?

By: Andrew McCarroll

A year ago when I thought of finally entering major seminary for the first time, I would have never imagined wearing a mask, let alone practicing social distancing from my friends and peers. These new precautions are now part of seminary life and have made these first few weeks at Saint Mary’s Seminary and University difficult, but more fruitful then I would have imagined. Although this time is challenging and unexpected in every part of our world, it is in the unexpected that we find God. We see this especially in the scriptures and if we search close enough we will see this in our everyday lives. My next step in entering major seminary, a global pandemic, but a common thread in it all; that God’s call continues to work in my life of discernment, even if masks and social distancing are required!

Andrew at the Opening Mass at Saint Mary's Seminary and University

Andrew McCarroll
is in Theology I at Saint Mary's Seminary and University in Baltimore, Maryland. He is a member of Saint Robert Bellarmine Parish in Wilkes-Barre.