Pastoral Year in Carbondale

 By: Michael Boris

My pastoral year at Saint Rose of Lima and Our Lady of Mount Carmel Parishes in Carbondale has been going very well so far. It feels great to be living the life that I have been discerning for quite some time. Just like seminary life, the pastoral year has already had its challenges and joys. Yet, living parish life in such a complete way is helping me see the real significance of what I have learned in seminary. Journeying with Father Jeff Walsh and Father Kevin Miller from the joyous occasions of marriage preparation to the sad occasions of anointing of the sick has helped me see Christ in all peoples in all situations. I am being challenged to live the incarnation of Christ in my own life for others. Christ's grace, if I allow him, always strengthens me for service to His people. I hope and pray to grow in this grace and continue to serve God's people. 

At a recent Friends for the Poor Food Distribution L-R: Father Kevin Miller, 
Father Jeffrey Walsh, and Michael Boris. 

Michael Boris started his Pastoral Year at the end of August in Carbondale. He is a member of Saint Andre Bessette Parish, Wilkes-Barre.