Getting to Know Our Vocation Program Coordinator

I would like to take the opportunity to thank Father Don Williams for the wonderful welcome post a few weeks back. As he said, my name is Dominick Costantino, and I am the Vocation Program Coordinator.

Today begins week seven in my position here with the Diocese of Scranton. I am truly blessed to work for the Diocese, this particular department, and most importantly God. I have a bachelor’s degree from Wilkes University in Communication Studies with a focus in Broadcast Media and Organizational Communications/Public Relations. While at Wilkes, I was very involved in many of our department’s clubs and organizations. I completed an internship at WBRE with their lifestyle show PA Live! I also interned at Blue Cross of Northeastern Pennsylvania in the Corporate Communications department.

From a young age, I always had a strong love and passion for church and God. I joined my parish choir when I was in third grade. I was appointed the Saturday organist at Saint Casimir’s in Lyndwood, Hanover Township my sophomore year in high school. I had the wonderful opportunity to substitute for organists at almost twenty-five churches in the Diocese while still in high school. I learned a great deal about different church’s culture and the way in which they approach music ministry. When Saint Casimir’s closed in August of 2010, I was appointed Director of Music/Organist at Exaltation of the Holy Cross Parish in Buttonwood, Hanover Township. I am very proud of the ministry I was able to grow and develop over the past five years. An eight member adult choir, one member youth choir, and one cantor has now grown to twenty-six adults, thirty-two youth and seventeen cantors. Getting individuals of all ages excited and energized about church, faith, and liturgy is my favorite.

Dominick's Adult Choir 













Dominick's Youth Choir















I was approached by my Pastor a few years back about taking over the Youth Ministry program at Exaltation. I was already very busy with the music program and had a full plate at college. After much contemplation and prayer, I decided I would give it a try. I’m so glad I did because my ministry has become more than just work; it has become a passion of mine. I’m starting my third school year in the position, and I am so proud of what we continue to accomplish on a regular basis. Currently, we have a senior and junior high program, a youth council, and a Parent’s Association. We send students to all different Diocesan-sponsored events and retreats. We have nine students going to the National Catholic Youth Conference (NCYC) in November. I pray God continues to bestow his blessings on all those who are in my ministries.

I'm blessed to have a wonderful family. My parents are Dominick and Bonnie Costantino. I have three siblings- Bethany, Antonio, and Isabella (teacup Yorkie). I love music, watching movies, and hanging out with friends and family. My favorite food is pizza (especially Old Forge style), and my favorite snack is popcorn. 

I am hoping I can use my social media and public relation skills in this new position to help create a “culture of vocations" in the Diocese of Scranton. I look forward to assisting Father Don Williams and the ten Assistant Vocation Directors in implementing all the strategic initiatives. It will be a true blessing to work with and meet so many of the faithful of this Diocese. I am blessed to be in this position and look forward to what God has in store. 

_________________________________________________________________________________

Dominick Costantino is the Vocation Program 
Coordinator for the Diocese of Scranton. 
He is a graduate of Wilkes University with 
a bachelor's degree in Communication Studies. 
He loves music and spending time with family
and friends.